Pages

Halloween 2013 - Star Wars Family

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Since our son was born, I've decided that I wanted to be that mom who would do fun activities with my children and go above and beyond with my crafts and projects.  I felt that I shouldn't give up my hobbies just because I became a mom.  In fact, it's been great for relieving stress and keeping me sane in the early months of motherhood. 

My first big project since Jackson's birth was the creation of our first family Halloween costumes - Star Wars themed!  In my search for themed costumes, I saw pictures of a cute family that dressed their stroller up as R2-D2, and I loved it!  It looked like something I could do, so I got to work on my family's costumes...and here's how they turned out. 








Halloween Day was just a lot of fun!  Brandon and I both had classes, and I had TA office hours, so we spent most of our day on campus.  In between classes, we walked to the Wilkinson Center to buy lunch and we were stopped countless times for pictures.  In fact, it took us over an hour to make our 'quick' lunch stop.  However, it was one of my favorite days!  I met a lot of people who were dressed up in amazing costumes and that made me happy.  

At the time, I didn't think about writing a tutorial for the R2D2 stroller costume, but I probably will very soon.  I might even start selling them locally since they are so inexpensive and easy to make.  For now, I'll be finishing our UP themed costumes for Halloween 2014.  






1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, that is FAB!! I totally wanna steal your idea (Way last minute right?!) Was the stroller hard? Cause that's def the one I'm kind of skittish about! Haha! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete